A thick and creamy vanilla raspberry smoothie bowl that is low in sugar, and filled with protein and fiber, making for the most delicious and energizing breakfast!
During the summer, there is nothing I crave more than smoothies. Cold, creamy, thick, and refreshing, there is no better way to start the day!
When done right, they can taste incredible and be a great satiating meal, but often times store bought smoothies lack protein and fats and are instead filled with sugar, which won’t keep you feeling satiated and energized.
This smoothie bowl combines lightly sweet vanilla with naturally tart raspberries to create the best flavor! The vanilla flavor comes from vanilla protein powder, so it’s important to find one that you like.
My absolute favorite is the Navitas Organics Vanilla & Greens Essential Blend. The texture is creamy instead of chalky, like many protein powders, and the flavor tastes like REAL vanilla! It’s made with high quality, organic ingredients with no funky additives or emulsifiers. If you’ve tried many vanilla protein powders, you know that so many of them taste artificial and overly sweet, but this one is the real deal!
Frozen coconut, frozen cauliflower, and either frozen zucchini or banana help make this smoothie incredibly thick, making it the perfect texture to eat with a spoon. If you like things on the sweeter side, banana would be great, or if you like things less sweet, zucchini is a great option, and it also adds a dose of fiber! Read more about using veggies in smoothies here.
Start your day with this bowl full of goodness to keep you fueled for hours! With protein, fats, and loads of fiber from the raspberries, coconut, and veggies, your blood sugar should stay nice and stable after this meal, meaning you’ll feel energized and satiated for longer. As always, let me know in the comments below or by tagging me on Instagram if you try it out!
- ⅔ cup frozen raspberries
- ½ cup frozen coconut meat*
- ½ cup steamed then frozen cauliflower
- ½ cup steamed then frozen zucchini (or ½ of a banana if you like things a bit sweeter)
- 1 serving vanilla protein (I use Navitas Organics Vanilla & Greens Essential Superfood Blend)
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 2 tbsp cashew butter
- ½ cup almond milk (add more as needed to blend)
- optional: 1 tsp maca (I love the flavor it adds and the energy it gives me!)
- Place all the ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until smooth. The smoothie should be very thick, so stop and scrape the sides with a spatula and add more almond milk as needed.
- Top with your favorite granola, cacao nibs, nut butter, or fresh fruit!