Chewy chocolatey cookies that are high in protein and filled with crunchy bits of hazelnuts and cacao nibs!
More cookies! The first cookie recipe on my website instantly became my most popular recipe (if you haven’t tried them yet, you MUST) so it’s about time for another one! These Hazelnut Cacao Cookies are slightly cakey, rich in flavor, and have the perfect amount of sweetness. The chunks of hazelnuts and cacao nibs in each bite are to die for.
The base of these cookies is a mix of almond flour and coconut flour. The combination of these two flours keeps them from being dry or dense like many “healthy” cookies, and they’re also grain free! I added Philosophie Cacao Magic, a mix of cacao, superfoods, and hemp protein with no added sugars, to add more protein and nutrients to each cookie. Unlike most protein powders, the Cacao Magic is completely unsweetened and contains no additives, fillers, or emulsifiers, just 100% pure goodness!
Protein is such an important yet overlooked factor when it comes to feeling your best. Particularly for those who live an active lifestyle, protein is essential to keep your muscles strong. It also helps stabilize blood sugar and increases nutrient absorption. Incorporating more protein into meals helps to elongate the blood sugar curve, meaning more satiation and less energy crashes or cravings.
The added protein in these cookies from the Philosophie Cacao Magic is just another reason to make them, second to the fact that they are simply delicious.
The flavor of these cookies is seriously amazing! The cacao powder gives them an amazing rich chocolate flavor, while the coconut sugar, one of my favorite low glycemic sweeteners, adds just the right amount of sweetness. Each bite contains bits of chopped hazelnuts and cacao nibs that add the best texture and crunch. Hazelnuts and chocolate is always a winning combination. Nutella fans, this is for you.
Make these nutrient rich, incredibly tasty cookies asap–you deserve it! I can’t wait to hear what you think! Comment below or tag me on Instagram if you try them out!
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ¼ c coconut flour
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp Philosophie Cacao Magic (or sub hemp protein or more cacao)
- ¼ c + 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1 egg, room temperature
- ¼ c almond butter
- ½ c coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs
- 2 tbsp chopped hazelnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the almond flour, coconut flour, cacao powder, and Cacao Magic (or hemp/extra cacao) in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the coconut oil, egg, almond butter, coconut sugar, and vanilla to a medium mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Make sure the coconut oil is cooled and the egg is at room temperature, otherwise the coconut oil will harden!
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and fold with a spatula to combine until a dough forms. Add the cacao nibs and hazelnuts and fold again.
- Scoop the cookie into 11 or 12 balls, depending on how big you want them, and place on the lined baking sheet. I use a mini ice cream scoop and it works really well! Flatten the balls slightly with your hands. The cookies will spread a little, but not a lot due to the coconut flour.
- Bake the cookies for 15 minutes, then place them on a cooling rack to cool. Enjoy!
Pin this recipe by scrolling over the photo below!