Grilled chicken with a fresh summery peach salsa and creamy coconut cauliflower rice! An easy and flavor packed meal ready in under 30 minutes.
This is seriously one of my new favorite meals. It has just a few components and requires very little cooking, but it is so flavorful and perfect for summer! The peaches this time of year are incredible and they act as the perfect base for this sweet and tangy salsa.
The salsa is a simple combination of peach, bell pepper, avocado, red onion, cilantro, and lime juice that pairs so well with grilled chicken and creamy coconut cauliflower rice (another new obsession of mine.)
I can’t really take the credit for this amazing flavor combination as my mom has been making a very similar salsa for as long as I can remember, and it was her idea to add peaches since they are so tasty right now!
I did however instantly know I wanted to pair it with coconut cauliflower rice, inspired by some delicious coconut rice I had on vacation last summer. If you’ve never tried cauliflower rice, make this! You’ll never know you’re eating a vegetable.
Adding just a few tablespoons of coconut milk to the cauliflower rice not only adds incredible flavor and texture, but also a serving of healthy fats that helps make this dish more satiating. I love how easy and quick cauliflower rice is and it’s a great way to get in a serving of veggies, but if you’re looking for a heartier meal you can definitely sub quinoa or regular rice, both of which would be delicious! For either, I recommend just adding the coconut milk at the end of the cooking time and stirring through to make the grains nice and creamy.
I’m confident that you will love this meal as much as I do! It’s colorful and packed with flavor and nutrients, but so simple you can whip it up in under 30 minutes. If you try it out, let me know what you think by commenting below or tagging me on Instagram!
- 2 organic chicken breasts/cutlets
- 1 lime
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ⅔ cup yellow peach, chopped
- ½ cup red bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup red onion, chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup avocado, cubed
- 3 cups cauliflower rice*
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp full fat coconut milk
- Begin by trimming the chicken if necessary, then coating it in the juice of ½ lime, the olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place the peach, bell pepper, onion, and cilantro in a mixing bowl and add the juice of the other ½ of the lime and a pinch of salt. Stir to combine, then add the avocado and stir lightly until everything is combined.
- Heat a grill pan and a large sauté just below medium heat. When the grill pan is heated, add the chicken breasts and let cook for about 12-15 minutes, depending on the thickness, flipping once halfway through.
- When you flip the chicken, add the coconut oil to the sauté pan, then add the cauliflower rice with a generous dash of salt and sauté for about 5 minutes, until the cauliflower rice is softened, but not mushy.
- When the cauliflower rice is nearly done cooking, turn the heat to low, add the coconut milk, and continue sautéing until everything is combined and the rice is creamy.
- Plate by first creating a bed of cauliflower rice, then topping it with the grilled chicken and salsa. Enjoy!