Thick and creamy cashew almond milk with hints of cinnamon–perfect for smoothies, cereal, or drinking! Use the leftover nut pulp to make the most delicious cinnamon coconut bites!
This creamy cinnamon cashew almond milk is my absolute favorite non dairy milk I’ve tried and using the leftover pulp for chewy bites of cinnamon coconut goodness makes it that much better!
To make homemade nut milk I use my Ellie’s Best nut milk bag. I’ve used a few different brands, and Ellie’s Best is by far my favorite! It’s bigger than other bags, easy to wash, and straining the milk through the bag helps make it super creamy! Use the code CAROLINEM10 when you order an Ellie’s Best nut milk bag for 10% off! You can also use the bag for juicing and making your own cold brew!
I love making my own nut milks for so many reasons, primarily because it’s so much thicker and more delicious than anything store bought! There are a few brands that make additive free nut milks, but they are generally hard to find and expensive, so I love making my own.
It is also so fun to switch up the flavors depending on the nuts and add-ins you use. I love this recipe because its very basic and tastes good in anything! It’s great for coffee, smoothies, chia pudding, and especially for dunking one of my Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookies with Sea Salt. Use this recipe as a guide, but feel free to experiment by using different nuts or flavoring it with cacao, vanilla, or turmeric and honey!
I’m always trying to reduce food waste, so using the leftover nut pulp for some low sugar energy bites is amazing! These cinnamon coconut nut pulp bites are my go to snack in the afternoon. They’re great pre or post workout too because they are nutrient dense but not overly filling. High in protein and healthy fats from nuts and coconut butter, these bites will keep you satisfied between meals, and with less than 3 grams of sugar per bite, your blood sugar will stay stable, helping to sustain your energy!
Because they are made with nut pulp, they are a little chewier than most balls, which I love! I use Eating Evolved Unsweetened Roasted Coconut Butter in these bites, which gives them the most incredible flavor. You can swap this for normal coconut butter, but I HIGHLY recommend trying the one from Eating Evolved. If you follow me on Instagram, you know how much I love their Roasted Coconut Butter. I could literally eat the whole jar with a spoon. When you order on the Eating Evolved website, use the code CAROLINETMT for a free mini chocolate bar with your purchase!
If you’ve never tried making your own nut milk before, you must! I know you will love these two recipes as much as I do, and remember to comment below or tag me on Instagram if you try them out!
- For the Nut Milk:
- ½ cup cashews
- ½ cup almonds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 4 cups water
- For the Bites:
- All the leftover cashew almond pulp (about ¾ cup)
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup raw cashews
- ½ cup raw almonds
- ¼ cup raw sunflower seeds
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp roasted coconut butter*
- 1½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 dates, chopped
- Soak the cashews and almonds for at least 4 hours, but not more than 24.
- Drain the cashews and almonds and add them to a high speed blender with the water and blend on high for 1 minute.
- Strain the nut milk through a nut milk bag (I use the brand Ellie's Best**) then transfer it back to your blender and add the cinnamon and sea salt.
- Blend on high for another minute, then save in an airtight container or mason jar for up to 5 days in the fridge.
- To make the bites, place the leftover nut pulp, coconut, cashews, almonds, sunflower seeds, and salt in a food processor and process until everything is blended together. You can leave some bigger pieces if you want the bites to have some crunch, or you can grind into a flour like consistency.
- Add the coconut butter, cinnamon, and dates and process until everything is combined and it forms a sticky, dough like consistency.
- Roll into balls and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks of the freezer for 2 months.
** Use the code carolinem10 for 10% off your order on the Ellie's Best website!