As November gets closer and the mornings get cooler, I find myself craving warming breakfasts like this baked oatmeal. With fresh shredded carrot, juicy raisins, crunchy walnuts, and a hint of spices, this oatmeal could not be any more delicious! Baking oatmeal is completely underrated in my opinion. The top gets perfectly browned and crisp while the inside stays soft and creamy! I love eating this hot out of the oven with a dollop of coconut yogurt and extra sprinkle of cinnamon – it’s heaven!
Aside from being super tasty, this breakfast is also insanely nutritious! Oats provide slow releasing carbohydrates and protein while walnuts are filled with healthy omega-3 fats. Together these ingredients will keep you full and energized all through the morning. This recipe is also low in sugar, sweetened with just a touch of maple syrup, and sneaks in more veggies, which is always a win!
If you’re a fan of carrot cake or yummy fall-tasting things (which I’m sure everyone is) this recipe is for you! The juicy raisins and chunks of walnut add such great texture and flavor to the oats, which pairs really well with the carrot and spices. I hope you enjoy this breakfast as much as I do, and please let me know if you try it out!
- ½ cup oats
- 1 carrot
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup plus 2 tbsp almond milk
- 2 tbsp chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- optional for topping: 2 tbsp coconut yogurt or whipped coconut cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Use the coarse side of a box grater to shred the carrot, until you have ½ cup of shredded carrot.
- Place the oats, shredded carrot, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a bowl, and mix the ingredients together.
- Add the almond milk, raisins, walnuts, and maple syrup and stir to combine.
- Place the mixture in an oven proof ramekin and sprinkle a few extra walnuts and raisins on the top if desired.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the top is crisp and lightly browned. If you want, top it with coconut yogurt or whipped coconut cream and enjoy!