Colorful, flavorful, and nutritious. This cabbage and carrot slaw dressed with a creamy sesame cashew dressing, (that you’ll want to put on just about everything,) is the best addition to any meal!
I must say the dressing here is the star of the show. Made with just cashew butter, sesame oil, tamari, apple cider vinegar, and ginger, it’s super easy to mix together and it adds so much flavor! The crunchy veggies absorb all the hints of sesame, cashew, and ginger, making this salad subtly sweet, nutty, and super fresh tasting.
One of the best things about this salad is that it’s super versatile. It works great as a side for lunch or dinner, or it can be used as a base for a bowl. Stir in any grain with a little extra dressing and add your favorite protein for a super quick and easy meal! It keeps for up to a week in the fridge, so its perfect to have on hand. It also tastes amazing when paired with my Curried Cauliflower with Almonds and Raisins as pictured below.
I know you’re going to love this salad, and it’s ready in just 10 minutes, so start chopping! Comment below or tag me on Instagram if you try it out!
- 2 cups shredded cabbage (I thinly slice about ¼ of a head)
- 1 cup shredded carrots (I shred mine using a box grater)
- 1 tbsp cashew butter
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- ½ tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Place the cabbage, carrots, and sesame seeds in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix the remaining ingredients in a small cup or bowl and pour the dressing over the cabbage and carrots.
- Toss everything to combine, and garnish with extra sesame seeds!